On Wednesday, November 11th 2020, His Excellency Paul KAGAME, the President of the Republic of Rwanda chaired a Cabinet meeting at Urugwiro Village.
1. The Cabinet approved resolutions of the previous meeting held on October 27th 2020.
2. The Cabinet reviewed measures to contain spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All existing measures and guidelines shall remain in force (including prohibition of movement from 10 PM - 4 AM).
Measures will be reviewed after 15 days upon a health assessment.
Citizens are reminded of the critical importance of complying with health measures including physical distancing, wearing face masks and hand hygiene.
Penalties will be applied for non-compliance.
3. The Cabinet approved the following host country agreements:
• Host country agreement between the Government of Rwanda and the Pan-African Farmers Organization (PAFO).
• Host country agreement between Government of Rwanda and World Vision International (WVI).
• Host country agreement between Government of Rwanda and the Fund for Export Development in Africa (FEDA).
• Host country agreement between Government of Rwanda and Youthconnekt Africa Hub and Fund.
4. The Cabinet approved a draft law ratifying the loan agreement of USD 15 million between Government of Rwanda and OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), to support the COVID-19 economic recovery fund, signed in Kigali on November 5th 2020.
5. The Cabinet approved the following programmes:
• The agreement between Government of Rwanda, Unilever Tea Rwanda Limited and The Wood Foundation Africa to develop phase two of the tea expansion project in Nyaruguru district.
• The Kigali Financial Towers project with EH Venture Capital Rwanda.
6. The Cabinet approved the following orders:
• Presidential order relating to border posts and steering committee.
• Presidential order relating to accession of Rwanda to the convention on early notification of nuclear accident, adopted in Vienna, on September 26th 1986.
• Presidential order relating to accession of Rwanda to the joint convention on safety of spent fuel management and on safety of radioactive waste management, adopted in Vienna, on September 5th 1997.
• Presidential order ratifying the amendment to the convention on physical protection of nuclear material, adopted in Vienna, on July 8th 2005.
• Ministerial order regulating aquaculture and fisheries.
7. The Cabinet was updated on skills development and employment promotion interventions under the Chief Skills Office at Rwanda Development Board (RDB).
8. The Cabinet made the following appointments:
The Office of the Ombudsman
• Madeleine NIRERE, Ombudsman
Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA)
• Felicien MWUMVANEZA, Commissioner for Customs Services
• Rosine UWAMALIYA, Commissioner for Internal Audit and Integrity
• Felix MAJYAMBERE, Commissioner for Legal Services and Board Affairs
• Innocente MURASI, Commissioner for Strategy and Risk Analysis
• Jean Pierre HITIMANA, Commissioner for Finance
• Louise Kalisa INGABIRE, Commissioner for Technology and Digital Transformation
Ministry of Youth and Culture (MYCULTURE)
• Solange TETERO, Director General of Youth Empowerment • Aimable TWAHIRWA, Director General of Culture Promotion
Rwanda Cultural Heritage Academy (INTEKO Y'UMUCO)
• Amb. Robert MASOZERA, Director General
• Jean Claude UWILINGIYIMANA, Deputy Director General in charge of Language, Culture Preservation and Promotion
Rwanda Space Agency
• Lieutenant Joseph ABAKUNDA, Chief Strategy Officer
National Child Development Agency
• Dr. Anita ASIIMWE, Director General
• Gilbert MUNYEMANA, Deputy Director General
• Irene UWONKUNDA, Head of Nutrition
• Freya ZANINKA, Head of Early Childhood Development
National Council for Science and Technology (NCST)
• Dr. Louis SIBOMANA, Head of Department: Science, Technology Development and Outreach
• Dr. Esperance MUNGANYINKA, Head of Department: Research and Innovation Development & Promotion
• Diana UMULISA, Advisor to the Executive Secretary
National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA)
• Dr. Christian SEKOMO BIRAME, Director General Gender Monitoring Office (GMO)
• Caritas MUKANDASIRA, Deputy Chief Gender Monitor (Renewed mandate)
Board of Directors
Rwanda Finance Limited
• Tidjane THIAM, Chairman
• Jacob Diko MUKETE Vice Chairperson
• Liban Soleman ABDI, Member
• Louise KANYONGA, Member
• Alice NTAMITONDERO, Member
• Umulinga KARANGWA, Member
• Julien KAVARUGANDA, Member
• The Minister of Trade and Industry informed Cabinet of the Africa Industrialization Day celebration scheduled on November 20th 2020. Activities in Rwanda will be held from November 16th - 20th 2020.
• The Minister of Gender and Family Promotion informed Cabinet of the campaign on 16 days of activism against gender-based violence, scheduled on November 25th to December 10th 2020.
• The Minister of Justice and Attorney General informed Cabinet of the upcoming 10th anniversary of Rwanda Correctional Service (RCS) scheduled on November 27th 2020.
• The Minister of Youth and Culture informed Cabinet of the International Volunteer Day celebration, scheduled on December 5th 2020.
Kigali, November 11th 2020.
Dr. Edouard Ngirente Prime Minister
Mme Jeannette Kagame yasangije amahanga uko u Rwanda rwaciye ubusumbane hagati y’ibitsina byom ...
Nov 25, 2020 Soma inkuru